heeb'n'vegan

"I've noticed that quite a lot of people who are prominent in the animal liberation movement are Jews. Maybe we are simply not prepared to see the powerful hurting the weak." --Peter Singer (Author, Animal Liberation)

1.26.2008

Miscellaneous Blurbs About PETA and Jewish/Israeli Issues

I've noticed quite a few items from PETA lately that pertain to Jewish and Israeli topics. I can't imagine devoting an entire post to some, but I wanted to compile all of them:
  • I love the title of a letter to the editor in the Forward this week: "PETA Believes Ripping Cows’ Throats Is Cruel." Ya think? (The letter was in response to an article I linked to in a post earlier this month.)
  • peta2 has an anti-fur contest/promotion with Israeli-born tattoo artist Ami James (and his dog, Bella).
  • PETA is encouraging people to write to members of Knesset to oppose plans to establish horseracing in Israel. (Click here to read my September 2005 post about Israel's horseracing controversy.)
  • PETA also recently had an action alert regarding awful abuses of animals used in experiments at Israel's Weizmann Institute of Science, which I linked to in a post earlier this month.
  • Around Hanukkah last month, PETA's Veg Cooking Blog featured three posts about vegan versions of Jewish foods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home