heeb'n'vegan

"I've noticed that quite a lot of people who are prominent in the animal liberation movement are Jews. Maybe we are simply not prepared to see the powerful hurting the weak." --Peter Singer (Author, Animal Liberation)

9.17.2007

Alicia Silverstone: The World's Most Famous Jewish Vegan

Alicia Silverstone is the most famous Jewish vegan alive, yet she's only been mentioned on heebnvegan once—two years ago! I was shocked to realize this, I must admit.

Silverstone appears on the cover of the fall 2007 issue of PETA's Animal Times. Here are some great quotes from her that were included in the article:

"Being vegan truly is the secret to my life's joy and peace."
"Now when I see a steak, it makes me feel sad and sick because right away, I see my dog or the amazing cows I met at a sanctuary."
"Since I've gone vegetarian, my body has never felt better and my taste buds have been opened up to a whole new world. It's one of the most rewarding choices I've ever made."
"Try veggie burgers, veggie dogs, and faux chicken nuggets. Give up animal foods for two months, or even for a week, and I promise you will look and feel better, and you'll want to do it forever."

I'd be remiss if I didn't include the picture from when I met Alicia Silverstone at the 2005 Genesis Awards. I don't think I've ever been so star-struck!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home